By Alberto Pinero
The agent of Javi Martinez has dismissed a report that the Athletic Bilbao man has agreed terms with Bayern Munich over a move to the Allianz Arena.
It was claimed on Friday that the Spain international had accepted an offer of approximately €6 million per season to join the Bavarians, who were also said to be willing to pay the player's €40m buyout clause.
However, Antonio Sanz, who is the head of communications at Bahia International, the agency which represents Martinez, insists that the story is without foundation.
"There is no deal between Javi Martinez and Bayern Munich," the agent told Goal.com.
The versatile defensive midfielder, who can also play at centre-back, has also been heavily linked with La Liga giants Barcelona.
The 23-year-old, who was utilised primarily at the back by Athletic last season, has previously spoken of his admiration of the Blaugrana's playing style.
- SNTV Videos - 1 hour 43 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 1 hour 50 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 2 hours 30 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 2 hours 31 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 3 hours ago
- SNTV Videos - 3 hours ago
- Associated Press Videos - 4 hours ago
- SNTV Videos - 4 hours ago