Bolt says ready for Olympics

Usain Bolt insisted he was ready to defend his Olympic 100m and 200m titles after recovering from a mystery problem which has hampered his preparations for London.

Bolt, who finished second to compatriot Yohan Blake over both distances at the Jamaican trials earlier this month, was later forced to withdraw from the Monaco Diamond League meeting citing a "slight problem."

However the sprint superstar insisted he was fit and ready to take on his rivals in brief comments late Saturday as he ventured out of his Birmingham training base to watch Batman blockbuster "The Dark Knight Rises."

"I got checked out and it's alright," Bolt said, without specifying the nature of his fitness concern.

"I am training hard and looking forward to the start of the Games."

Bolt's private cinema visit came just two days after 12 people were shot dead at a screening of the film at a theatre in Colorado.

The cinema was swept by security prior to the visit of Bolt and his team-mates, who were whisked into the venue after arriving by bus.

--

Get stories like this on the Yahoo app and discover more every day.
Download it now.
Loading...