By Elia Raimondo
Seydou Doumbia could be on his way out of CSKA Moscow this summer as Napoli have tabled an €18 million bid for the Cote d'Ivoire international, Goal.com can reveal.
The Serie A outfit are in the market for attacking reinforcements due to the expected departure of Ezequiel Lavezzi to Paris Saint-Germain, and they see the 24-year-old Doumbia as the ideal replacement.
Napoli sporting director Riccardo Bigon met with a CSKA representative in Milan on Tuesday evening, where he made a first official offer for the prolific striker.
The Russian giants previously demanded €30m for Doumbia, but have now lowered their asking price to €25m.
Although both parties are still some way apart, they are expected to meet once more in the upcoming days to continue talks, and could eventually agree on a fee of €22m.
Doumbia joined CSKA from Young Boys in the summer of 2010, and has since developed into a key player for the side having scored 45 goals in 58 competitive appearances.
The attacker's current contract with the Army Men runs until June 2015.
- SNTV Videos - 9 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 41 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 44 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 1 hour 52 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 1 hour 53 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 1 hour 55 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 1 hour 57 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 2 hours 2 minutes ago