By Romeo Agresti
Juventus have turned their attentions back to Athletic Bilbao striker Fernando Llorente as the chase for Robert Lewandowski from Borussia Dortmund has ground to a halt, Goal.com can reveal.
The Bianconeri had made the Poland international their primary target in the transfer market, and contacted BVB earlier this week to enquire about the striker's availability.
Nevertheless, Dortmund are in no rush to sell Lewandowski to Juve as they aim to hold on to the prolific hitman, while there is also interest from Manchester United and Manchester City.
The Serie A champions have therefore turned their attentiona to La Liga and are ready to make a €7 million (£5.6m) offer for Llorente in the January transfer window.
Juve attempted to lure the Spain international to Turin during the summer but Athletic refused to sell the 27-year-old.
The Bianconeri are hopeful that the Basque side will now be willing to cash in on Llorente, though, as the striker remains reluctant to sign a new deal, and could leave the club on a free transfer at the end of the season.
Llorente has not featured in the Champions League yet this season, and would therefore be eligible for the Old Lady in the round of 16.
Malaga have confirmed that Manuel Pellegrini will leave his position as head coach at the end of the season, opening the door to a move to Manchester City.The Chilean has been linked with a switch to the Etihad Stadium since earlier in 2013 and Roberto Mancini's sacking earlier in May added fuel to the fire that Pellegrini would be leaving La Rosaleda for the Blues in the summer. ...
LONDON (Reuters) - Former England striker Carlton Cole is leaving West Ham United after seven seasons at the club. Cole, 29, played 237 times and scored 57 goals for the Hammers but netted only two goals in 29 appearances in the 2012-13 season. He was overshadowed by on-loan striker Andy Carroll who West Ham are hoping to sign from Liverpool on a permanent basis for a club record fee of around 15 million pounds. West Ham manager Sam Allardyce told the club's website (www.whufc.co.uk):
MADRID (Reuters) - Real Madrid's Jose Mourinho and Cristiano Ronaldo were handed two-match bans in the King's Cup after they were sent off in last week's final at the Bernabeu, the Spanish football federation (RFEF) said on Wednesday. Mourinho was dismissed for vigorously disputing a refereeing decision in the 75th minute of Friday's 2-1 final defeat by Atletico Madrid. The Portuguese will not serve his punishment in next season's Spanish cup competition as he agreed to leave the club by mutual
- SNTV Videos - Fri, Nov 9, 2012 6:53 PM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Fri, Nov 9, 2012 6:51 PM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Thu, Oct 25, 2012 1:50 AM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Thu, Oct 25, 2012 1:47 AM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Wed, Oct 24, 2012 6:39 AM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Wed, Oct 24, 2012 6:36 AM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Wed, Oct 24, 2012 1:33 AM SGT
- SNTV Videos - Wed, Oct 24, 2012 1:30 AM SGT
LATEST SPORTS NEWS
Today on Yahoo!
Most Popular Stories
- Fit To Post Sports
By World of Sport (Original post by Europort can be found here.) Queens Park Rangers have been criticised for splashing the cash on expensive signings - but their latest capture has not cost a penny and comes with pretty good … Continue reading →
- Dirty Tackle
After years of very publicly planning and searching for a suitable ownership group to front a second MLS team in New York, the league has found it in a partnership between Manchester City owner Sheikh Mansour of Abu Dhabi and … Continue reading →
- Devil Ball Golf
There is always a line when athletes get in feuds that you just don't cross, but that changed on Tuesday night with the latest battle in the golf world. Attending an awards dinner for the European Tour, Sergio Garcia was … Continue reading →
- AFP News