By Saran Raj | Goal.com Singapore
With speculation rife that next season's LionsXII squad will be restricted to U23 players, it is litle wonder that the overaged players have begun to look for pastures anew.
26-year-old Khairul Amri is among the players whose future is under scrutiny. The versatile forward has endured a difficult season in the Malaysian Super League, spending most of his time recuperating from various injuries.
When asked about his plans for the next season, Khairul said that he would like to stay with the LionsXII outfit.
"If LionsXII want me, I will stay," he told Goal.com Singapore.
"I love it here! But if they don't want me for next season, I have promised some clubs, so I will have a place to go."
When pressed for more details on the clubs that he has been in contact with, Khairul gently refused.
The Singapore international started the last LionsXII MSL game against Johor FC, but was taken off at half-time, following a largely ineffectual performance.
"I felt good today, better than I have all season," said the striker of his performance on the final day.
"I would have liked to have spent more time on the pitch, but that's the coach's decision."
- SNTV Videos - 48 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 52 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 55 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 1 hour 48 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 2 hours 58 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 10 hours ago
- Associated Press Videos - 11 hours ago
- Yahoo Newsroom Videos - 11 hours ago