By Romeo Agresti
Fiorentina have rejected Juventus' €13 million plus Alessandro Matri and Michele Pazienza offer for Stevan Jovetic as they will only let go of the attacker for €30m, Goal.com has learned.
The Serie A champions have made the 22-year-old their primary transfer target after a move for Napoli star Edinson Cavani fell through, but the Viola have no intention to let go of the Montenegro international on the cheap.
Fiorentina have set a €30m asking price and have informed the Old Lady that they're not interested in a player-exchange deal at this point.
The Bianconeri were hopeful that the Tuscans would lower their demands by including the likes of Matri and Pazienza in the deal, but Fiorentina are aiming for a cash-only deal instead.
Nevertheless, although Juventus are not willing to pay €30m for Jovetic, they have not given up hopes of luring the Montenegrin to Turin just yet.
The player is keen to make the move to the Italian champions this summer, and Juventus are hopeful that the attacker's insistence to leave the club will eventually prompt the Florentines to lower their asking price.
The gifted forward could earn an annual salary of €4m plus bonuses at Juventus if the deal goes ahead.
- Associated Press Videos - 26 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 27 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 38 minutes ago
- SNTV Videos - 1 hour 31 minutes ago
- Associated Press Videos - 2 hours 15 minutes ago
- Yahoo Newsroom Videos - 3 hours ago
- Associated Press Videos - 3 hours ago
- Associated Press Videos - 5 hours ago